PHTA offers an online VGB course
Did you know that PHTA offers a free online training class on the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Safety Act (VGBA)?
This online course helps ensure that pool owners, operators, inspectors and manufacturers know about VGBA and are able to conduct compliance inspections.
The course is highly technical, and oriented to pool professionals.
The class focuses on the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
• Identify the components of the VGBA;
• Identify the use of multiple safety steps;
• Identify how to calculate total dynamic head and its importance for determining the pool system flow rate;
• Identify VGBA compliance and inspection requirements;
• Identify how to plan and conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with the VGBA; and
• Identify how to formulate recommendations for corrective action to bring a facility into VGBA compliance.
This free 1-hour online course includes a PDF resource guide. Successful completion earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are not available.
It is available online at: https://www.nspf.org/virginiagraeme- baker-pool-spa-safety-actonline- course