program. Those responsibilities include: ….
program. Those responsibilities include:
• Training apprentices within the parameters of the program’s approved Standards and employer subscription.
• Providing reasonably continuous employment.
• Verifying apprentice reported on-thejob training hours.
• Providing periodic apprenticeship evaluations.
• Communicating with PSATC on apprenticeship issues and concerns.
Meanwhile, apprentices learn the fundamentals of pool service, including water quality and balance, equipment installation and repair and hydraulics and electricity, all while earning CPO certification.
According to David Hawes, PSATC Chairman, the program has many plans to attract and match prospective employers and apprentices.
“Over the next two months, we are primed to launch our sponsorship outreach, our Pool and SpaApprenticeship Academy (PSAA), and our employer communications tools for enrolling employees. We will also be initiating a multi-phased marketing program that is designed to attract apprentices throughout California,” Hawes said.