National Plasterers Conference Feb. 8-10, 2023
Schedule at a glance
Tuesday, February 7: Board and Committee Meetings Wednesday, February 8: NPC Startup Certification from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Bike Tour from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Golf Outing from 10:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Sailing Tour from 12:30 to 3 p.m.; Opening Reception from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Thursday February 9: Breakfast from 7:30 to 8:35 a.m.; Educational Tracks from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Conversation Stations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Lunch/Auction from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
Friday, February 10: Breakfast from 7:30 to 8:35 a.m.; Pool Shell Prep Primer from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Conversation Stations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Lunch/ Auction from 12 to 2:15 p.m.; Exhibitor Reception from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
Save the date for the 2023 National Plasterer’s Council conference, slated to take place from February 8 through 10 in Coronado, California.
The 34th Annual Conference is scheduled to meet at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, just across the Coronado Bridge from San Diego.
Every year the NPC puts on one of the most fabulous events in the industry, and this year promises nothing but the best.
When you are not basking in beautiful ocean views and taking in the salty sea breezes, this is your opportunity to increase your knowledge, improve your skills and grow your business.
Attendees can expect to:
• Acquire fresh up-to-date information on industry issues.
• Gain technical insight.
• Discover ways to improve business operations.
• Expand and develop industry relationships.
• Network with peers.
•LearnaboutprogressonCouncilissues. The conference will feature 12 educational sessions, exhibits from industry suppliers, the popular NPC Auction, networking and social functions, and more. Add on the NPC Start-up Certification Class on Wednesday, February 8, to become an NPC Certified Start-up Technician. If you’ve already got your certification, you can spend Wednesday in the sun at the Municipal Coronado Golf Course, or on a guided bike tour of Coronado followed by a sailing tour of San Diego.
• Wednesday evening Opening Reception.
• All educational classes Thursday and Friday.
• Entrance to Auction.
• Breakfast and lunch Thursday and Friday.
• Friday evening Exhibitor Reception and Exhibits.
Friday will feature three educational tracks to choose from, on topics as varied as seasonal pool care to business management and everything in between.
As many know, the greatest value from the Annual Conference is the opportunity to network with fellow professionals from across the country. From the Opening Reception until their Exhibitor Reception, there will be plenty of opportunity to meet with peers and compare notes.
The full list of seminars is as follows: Thursday from 8:45 to 10:15 a.m.
• Chemical Automation for Swimming Pools
• Integrating Facebook, TikTok & more! Understanding Your Expanded Social Commerce Options.
• Common Pool Plaster Problems & Solutions… Beyond Forensics Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 12 pm
• New VGBA Requirements for Plaster Applicators & Pool Designers
• Technical Bulletins 1 – 7 & The Technical Manual
• Pool Substrate Prep of New and Renovated Pools Thursday from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m.
• Stains on Your Finishes & Solutions so You Get Paid
• Mastering the LSI & Bad Habits to Avoid
• How to Perfect Your Pebble Finishing Skills Thursday from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Ready to Retire? Exploring Transition Options
• Commercial Interior Finishes: How Light is Right?
• Meeting with the Masters RoundTable Friday is totally dedicated to a Pool Shell Prep Primer — a thorough review of the concrete pool shell, new or renovated, for best application practices including remediation of faulty construction practices. Each attendee should attend with an expectation from the presenters to discuss what is an acceptable standard of pool construction and renovation. With this base knowledge as each student’s foundation, the class will delve into standards that do not meet any acceptable criteria and are considered faulty construction practices. The class will then try and establish repair and remediation techniques that will aid the pool shell in reaching its intended and initially designed performance durability For hotel reservations to the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, be sure to mention the National Plasterers Council Group Rate. For reservations, call 800-2356397. Be sure to reserve by Thursday, January 5, 2023, to ensure availability at the group rate.
For more information, including registration and hotel accommodations, visit the show online at www.npconline. org.