Schedule at a glance Wednesday, February 8:
Certification Courses from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday February 9:
Certification Courses t from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Free Industry Sessions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Welcome Reception from 5 to 7 p.m.
Friday February 10:
Certification Courses from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Free Industry Sessions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Free Lunch from 12 to 1 p.m.; Exhibit Hall from 12 to 5 p.m.; Awards Gala from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Saturday February 11: Free Industry Sessions from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Exhibit Hall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The 2023 Southwest Pool & Spa Show will take place at George R. Brown Convention Center, Hall D, in Houston, Texas from February 8 through 11.
The Southwest Pool & Spa Show has everything you could want, including:
• A growing Exhibit Hall featuring inground, aboveground, hot tubs, retail, service and much, much more! • An expanded schedule of industry certifications and educational classes for all aspects of your business and for every level of your team from the owner to the techs!
• A not-to-be-missed Industry Welcome & Awards Party on Friday night.
The Southwest Show is focused on education and certification for the Southwest region. New and expanded certification programs and advanced education programs are provided by Genesis, Pool Chemistry Training Institute, PHTA, NPC, TRAIL, and Watershape University. These educational programs will provide certification for service technicians or an entire team of professionals in a given field of expertise.
As the Southwest Pool & Spa Show continues to grow, so does the Industry Welcome Party and Awards Gala. This year’s party will celebrate the best and brightest pool and spa designs from across the Southwest Region and Mexico! The night will be highlighted with the 2023 “Best of Show” Award. Enjoy food, drinks and fun while being inspired by the best designers and builders from across the region.
The Southwest Pool & Spa Show features some of the best educational offerings in the country, and to top it off, they are all free!
The seminar schedule begins on Thursday, February 9, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. with the following free seminars for pool service professionals:
Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• IPSSA Basic Water Chemistry Certification (Free One Day Course Offered on Thursday & Friday)
Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
• Advanced Pool Sales Strategies and Techniques: Selling Premium Projects in an Average World
• Don’t Kill Your Golden Goose – Protect & Perpetuate Your Business
• Pool Inspections – “The Why, Who, How & When”
• Basic Water Chemistry & Testing 101
Thursday from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
• How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Buyer’s Journey
• Boom-to-Boost: Get Your Business Ready for Post-Pandemic Growth
• Know Your Worth: How to Value, Buy, or Sell a Pool Business
Thursday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Video Starter’s Guide – How to Create Stellar Videos Using your Mobile Phone
• CYA Smart: A Movement Toward Better, Healthier Water
• Principles of Lighting Design for Pools and Spas
Thursday from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m.
• Employee Attraction and Retention
• Top 10 Digital Marketing Secrets that will Enhance Your Digital Footprint and Increase Sales.
• Avoid the Headache: Preventing Common Pool and Spa Problems Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• IPSSA Basic Water Chemistry Certification (Free One Day Course Offered on Thursday & Friday) Friday from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
• Genesis / PHTA: Examining the ANSI/PHTA/ICC-15 2021 American National Standard For Residential Swimming Pool And Spa Energy Efficiency
• Gas Fired Pool Heaters for Pools and Spas
• Pool Business Wisdom from a Former Epic Mistake Maker!!
• Algae — Everything You Need to Know
• Creating and Maintaining Efficient Systems for Managing Your Company (Simple Billing, collections, employee management, and expense management)
• M.O.T. and your Pool Service Vehicles — Are you in Compliance with D.O.T.?
• Use Automation to Sell More and Satisfy More, Without More Manpower!
• How to Inspect and Know the Causes of Incorrect Items Found on Zero Edge, Infinity, and Other Advanced Swimming Pools
Friday from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m.
• Beyond the Sanitizer: Maximizing Efficiency and Water Quality with Specialty Chemicals
• How to Inspect Pools for the Real Estate Market. Inspection of Pools/ Spas for Correction of Non-Standard Installation
• The 2023 “Everything Google” Playbook for Builders/Service Companies and Retailers
• Learn Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) for Pools and Spas
• How to Prevent, Kill, and Remove Mustard Algae
• Stains & Possible Sources — Identification, Prevention, and Removal
• Water Balance from a Cause & Effect Perspective
• Genesis E345: Examining PHTA Codes, Free Session, Registration Required
Friday from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Cutting Edge Leak Detection Methods and Structural Crack Repair Solutions
• WaterShape University B1341: Design Fees — Billing Professional Services. Free Session, Registration Required
• The Who, What, and WhyAround Our Industry’s Acquisition Surge
Friday from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Pipe Size, VGB, ISPSC and Variable Speed Pumps- What Now?
• Legionnaire’s Disease in Commercial Spas
Friday from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m.
• Financial Habit, Increase your Bottom Line, and Tools for Customer Acquisitions
• Demystifying Pool Sanitizers: What Works and Why
• All about Pumps, Filters, and Hydraulics
• Avia – Raypak Innovative
Gas Heater – Installation and Programming
Friday from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m.
• Pool Deck Finishes Maintenance & Protection, from Cool Deck to Hardscape
•What MotivatesYou to CreateYour Dream LifeThrough the Pool Industry?
Saturday from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
• The 2023 Builder/Service/ Retailer Marketing Game Changers. Get the Playbook!
• Save Money on Chemicals: Deep Dive into the LSI
• Understanding Proper Inground Spa Jet Hydraulics for a Variable Speed World
Saturday from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m.
• Electrical Bonding – Maintaining and Building Safe Projects
• Pool Liner Measurement for Novices & Pros
• GENESIS / PHTA: Examining the ANSI/PHTA/ICC-2 Standard – 1.5 hours | 0.2 IACET CEUs | 2 PHTA CEUs: Free Session, Registration Required
• Sneaky & Destructive Water Chemistry
• Save Valuable Time, Money and Productivity with these Tips from 30 Years of Pool Experience
• Transforming your Business with Technology
• Recognizing (and Profiting From!) Residential Pool Fails Show discounted room rates are currently available at the Marriott Marquis Houston, located next to the George R. Brown Convention Center and connected via crossover on Level 2. Call for reservations at 877-6223056. Visit the show online at www. swpsshow.com.