The holiday season is the perfect time to show how much you appreciate those people who help make your business a success. Of course, cash is king, so a holiday bonus or a Visa gift card is always a good bet. Similarly, paid time off will make any employee happy. Movie tickets and restaurant gift cards are nice tokens of appreciation. A gift certificate for a well-reviewed massage is also a strong gift idea.
New poles, nets, or company t-shirts might be appreciated, but could just as easily be interpreted as “Happy Holidays to the company,” so it might be best to steer away from work-related items, unless you know your workers want them.
As an employer, you may be familiar with your service tech’s hobbies, so you can always go that route.
But if you need some inspiration, here are some thoughtful gift ideas that will simply make the day-in-thelife of a maintenance technician just a little bit better.
1. Polarized Sunglasses – People who use polarized sunglasses often say they are less tired than usual after hours of battling sun glare. They are especially useful for those who work or spend a lot of time around water, drastically cutting the glare and improving your ability to see into the pool. Popular brands include Costa, Maui Jims, Shady Rays, and Oakleys.
2. BlueTooth Ear Pods – Many people enjoy listening to podcasts or music while performing some of their more mindless tasks. Look for units that are waterproof, sweatproof, provide instant pairing, stable transmission, and have a super-long battery life. We recommend TOZO T10 and Letscom.
3. Cooler – For hot summer work, a cooler to store water and sodas in the cab of your truck is a must have. And because you gotta have it, it should be a good one. They ain’t cheap, but YETI is the best.
4. Versatile Multi-Tool – For many people, a multi-tool goes into their pocket every day, regardless of the occasion. It’s the perfect accessory to have on the job, and if it also has a corkscrew, it can be a lifesaver at a party. Popular brands include Leatherman and Gerber.
5. Bluetooth Tracking Device – These tags are incredibly useful for those who are constantly scrambling for keys, phone, wallet, or bag. For Android users, go with Tile trackers the Tile Mate. For iPhone users, choose Apple’s AirTag.
6. Magnetic Wrist Band – These are excellent gifts for service technicians and other handy people who want to save time locating screws, nuts, washers, bolts, etc. Top brands include RAK and HORUSDY, which both get excellent reviews.
7. Cooling Car Seat Cushion – For those who spend a lot of time in their cars and trucks on hot summer days, a cooling seat cushion is a serious luxury. Utilizing mini-fans and vent holes to circulate cool air, these seat cushions can be plugged into a car’s USB adaptor or 12-Volt cigarette lighter adaptor. DE.Home, Snailax, and Sharper Image brands get great reviews.
8. Solar Wireless Charger – These are great for outdoor enthusiasts who can’t be constrained to outlets. For those who like camping and hiking, a solar charger can prove vital for restoring battery life to mobile devices, and crucial for those relying on GPS. Top-rated brands include BLAVOR, QiSa, and LICORNE.
9. TENS Unit – Great for anyone who needs a little stress relief, a TENS unit muscle stimulator and electric massager provides pain relief, acts as a muscle massager or shoulder massager, provides carpal tunnel relief, and acts as a muscle relaxer. Top-rated brands include TENS 7000, TechCare Massager, and AUVON.
10. Foot Massager – After spending the day on your feet, what could be better than sitting down on the couch for a nice foot massage. Reward your workers with the gift of relaxation. Top-rated brands include Nekteck, Snailax, and FIT KING.