If the heart of a pool is the pump and filter, then the veins and arteries are the pipes that transport the fluids or gasses critical to proper operation of any given pools, spa or other watershape. Just like in our bodies, if the circulation system is not optimized, then the entire overall system will not function as expected or desired.
That’s why at the upcoming Western Pool & Spa Show, March 23-25 in Long Beach, California, Watershape University (WU) is presenting courses on basic pluming techniques: CONSTRUCTION 3341: Essential Plumbing Workshop and CONSTRUCTION 3341S: Essential Plumbing Workshop (in Spanish).
These courses not only teach the basics for how to evaluate the plumbing system required for the specific system being installed, but also dive deeper into the specific means and methods necessary to install these elements to ensure the long-term success of the project in the form of reliable and energy-efficient operation.
Course includes the ASME B31.3 A328 bonder qualification for solvent cement welding of PVC or CPVC pipe and fittings.
• March 22, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – English
• March 23, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Spanish Learning Outcomes
These courses are designed to meet specific learning outcomes including:
• Define proper means and methods for installing the various plumbing systems commonly found within the swimming pool construction industry.
• Employ the means and methods to practice the skills necessary to properly execute these tasks in the field.
• Learn to correctly choose which materials will be appropriate for the specific scope of work for which they will be utilized.
• Apply basic hydraulic rules learned in the course to determine the proper sizing of piping materials for the specific applications for which they will be utilized.
• Duration: 12 hours (4 hours online, on-demand plus 8 hours live in-person).
• IACET CEUs: 1.2
• All students who complete the course and evaluation form receive a Certificate of Completion documenting 1.2 IACET CEUs even if they do not continue with the Certified Watershape Plumbing Specialist (CWPS) certification.
For more information visit https:// watershape.org/western-pool-spashow- 2023/