First responders with a Pennsylvania fire department were sent to investigate a reported chemical spill in a hotel swimming pool.
The incident happened at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Mountville, Lancaster County, on July 16. It resulted in one staff member being hospitalized for injuries.
According to a hotel manager, a chemical used to control pH was accidentally spilled in the pool’s utility room.Hotel guests and those inside the swimming pool were told to evacuate but were allowed back into the hotel an hour after the evacuation was called.
The pool area remained closed until it could be serviced. The severity of the staff member’s injuries was not reported.