National Plasterer’s Council Conference Feb. 8-11
Schedule at a glance Tuesday, February 8
Board and Committee Meetings
Wednesday, February 9
NPC Start-up Certification
Thursday February 10
Educational Track 8:45 – 4 p.m. Networking 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Friday February 11
Educational Track 8:45 – 4 p.m.
Exhibitor Reception 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. The National Plasterer’s Council Conference is taking place in Atlanta, Georgia, for their 33rd Annual Conference, Feb. 9- 11 at the Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta Hotel. They invite you to join them for this very special conference, their first live, face-to face conference in two years.
On Wednesday of the show, they’ve planned a special trip to the Georgia Aquarium, the largest in the world, whether you’re measuring by the number of fish (more than 100,000) or the volume of water (more than a million cubic feet). This package includes a 45-minute Behind the Seas Highlight Tour offering a backstage look at the aquarium’s most popular exhibits. After the tour you will be free to visit the aquarium on your own.
Once again, the NPC conference will be featuring world-class education from the best of the best. This year they will have 15 education classes and product presentations. On Thursday, Feb. 10, they are offering a single educational track – the Remodel Primer, where attendees can spend the entire day learning how to tackle remodel projects, both large and small.
Do you know what to look for when inspecting a pool or backyard when preparing a remodel bid? These classes will begin with an overview of concrete pool construction and focus on the topics that have the biggest impact on the integrity of the shell. Learn how to identify potential problems as well as the “best practices and common terminology” remediation for each problem. Accountability and liability will be discussed. Repairs, Remediation and Replacement will be included.
Friday will feature three educational tracks to choose from, on topics as varied as seasonal pool care to pool business management and everything in between.
As many know, the greatest value from the Annual Conference is the opportunity to network with fellow professionals from across the country. From the Opening Reception until the Exhibitor Reception, there will be plenty of opportunity to socialize with peers and compare notes.
• Wednesday evening Opening Reception
• All educational classes Thursday and Friday
• Breakfast and lunch Thursday and Friday
• Friday evening Exhibitor Reception and Exhibits
• Entrance to Auction The educational seminars are divided into three different tracks, and attendees can take classes within one track or mix and match. The tracks are separated into technical seminars, business-based seminars, and installation seminars.
The full list of seminars is as follows: Thursday – Remodel Primer
• Quality Pool Shell Construction
• How to recognize problems on the Jobsite
• Cause, Effect, and Accountability Friday - Track 1
• Glass Tile Installation
• Seasonal Pool Care
• Understanding the lightness requirement for Commercial Interior Finishes
• Exposed Aggregate Pool Finishes: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Friday – Track 2
• Water Balance from a Cause & Effect Perspective
• How to Proactively Work with Consumers – Roundtable
• Hiring for Talent and Employee Retention
• How to Maintain a Healthy Pool During a Chlorine Shortage Friday – Track 3
• Pool Substrate Preparation of New and Renovated Pools
• Stains on Your Finishes & Solutions So You Get Paid
• Common Plaster Problems – Roundtable
• Pool Inspections – The How and Why For hotel reservations to the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta Hotel, be sure to mention the National Plasterer’s Council Group Rate. For Reservations, call 404-946-9191. Be sure to reserve by Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022, to ensure availability at the group rate. For more information, including registration and hotel accommodations, visit the show online at npconline.org.