Texas HB2858 adopts ISPSC
If you are a pool builder or service professional in Texas, you need to be informed about House Bill 2858, which goes into effect September 1, 2020. HB 2858 requires the adoption of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code for municipalities that elect to regulate pools or spas.
This legislation applies to service, remodeling, and new pool construction.
For pool builders, this means changes in plan reviews and inspector questions. Pool service professionals will be required to bring things up to the new code when they do repairs- including sizing the pump for the maximum main drain flow.
For both Builders remodelers and service professionals, plan review may now require:
• A new checklist
• Total dynamic head and flow calculations.
• Additional Drawings Pool professionals can get ready for these important changes by enrolling in a 3 to 4-hour webinar hosted by Educator Kevin Tucker, Educational Leverage, LLC, with over 40 years aquatics experience.
Tucker brings a wealth of knowledge to his courses. In addition to teaching this ISPSC webinar, Tucker also teaches 3 other classes- Electrical Licensing Preparatory Workshop (Texas RAIL License), CPO (Certified Pool Operator), and AFO (Aquatic Facility Operator).
This ISPSC webinar teaches the 2018 ISPSC Code and includes a reference book.
The course will focus on flowsheets to help calculate the proper pipe size, flow and related calculations and help builders and service pros understand what some inspectors have been studying for a year or more. According to Tucker, for Service Companies, the biggest concern is lawsuits!
The course is $250 for pool builders and remodelers and includes books and materials. For pool service and maintenance, the course, books and materials is $200.
For August, the following dates are currently available:
• August 19- For Pool Builders and Remodelers
• August 21- For Pool Service
• August 25- For Pool Service
• August 27- For Pool Builders and Remodelers More classes will be added for future dates so check availability at www. educational-leverage.com.
Private classes for the whole company are also available. Email Tucker at [email protected] to inquire.