Schedule at a glance
Sunday January 22: Certification Courses; Education Conference from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday January 23: Certification Courses.; Show Seminars from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Welcome Party 7 to 10 p.m.
Tuesday, January 24: Certification Courses.; Show Seminars from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Exhibit Hall open from 10a.m. to 5p.m.
Wednesday, January 25:
Certification Courses; Show Seminars from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Exhibit Hall open from 10 a.m. to 5p.m.
Thursday, January 26: Show Seminars from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Exhibit Hall open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Pool & Spa Show will take place at the Atlantic City Convention Center from January 24 through January 26.
Created for pool and spa people by pool and spa people, the Pool and Spa Show’s education conference has been reimagined to maximize the benefits of interactive classroom learning, providing your entire team with the opportunity to engage with industry peers and benefit from faceto- face interactions with industry experts teaching on the most indemand topics. In addition to general conference seminars, the Pool & Spa show also offers pre-show educational opportunities such as NPC Start-Up Certification, PHTA CPO training, Genesis courses, Watershape University, and a variety of PHTA certification courses. Further specialty sessions covering a wide range of topics are available that take place throughout the conference.
DON'T FORGET! All technical classes require pre-registration to guarantee your seat. Seats are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Every purchase of an education course or pass includes free access to the Show Floor.
The following are the show’s business and technical classes in the show’s regular educational package.
Monday 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• A Dive Into Digital Marketing
• ANSI/PHTA Standards: Guiding You to Better Water Chemistry (RWQC/PHTA University)
• Don’t Kill Your Golden Goose Protect & Perpetuate Your Business
• Hydraulics & Circulation System Basics
• SPANISH – Pentair: Automation Systems (including IntelliCenters & EasyTouch) Tuesday 8:30 to 11:45 a.m.
• Are You a Positive Energizer? Make the Connection between Positivity and Profit and Watch Your Business Soar!
• Delivering Service That Makes the Competition Weep
• Gas Fired Heaters: Everything You Need to Know Tuesday 9 to 10:30 a.m.
• Be Ready for Anything: The Proactive Way to Open Pools in the Spring
• Detailed Overview of Employee Handbook & Importance of Job Description
• Developing Leaders from Within
• Fluidra: Supplemental Sanitizing with AOP Systems
• GPS Marketing: Setting Your ‘In-Store Stage’ to Drive Your Sales
• HVAC & Indoor Pools (Watershape University)
• Leak Detection Basics
• Marketing Renovation Sales (Watershape University)
• Recreational Water Balance
• Salt Chlorine Generators for the Beginner
• Small Space Design & Construction (GENESIS D111)
• SPANISH – Basic Hydraulics& Circulation Systems
• SPANISH – Profiling Outstanding Projects, Start to Finish (Watershape University)
• Upselling the Benefits of Solar Energy Heating for Pools Tuesday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• Electricity for the Pool & Spa Service Professional (ENCORE)
• Metals & Metal Staining: How Do I Prevent Them? How Do I Remove Them?
• The Hiring Process: Finding the Right Employee Fit for Your Business Tuesday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• Confronting 2023’s Critical Issues: Strategies & Tactics for Getting Work, Retaining Employees and Keeping Profits
• Pool Water Chemistry Basics for Service Techs
Tuesday 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• Artistry of Vanishing Edge Design & Details (Watershape University)
• Bonding & Grounding
• Creating The Delivery of Exceptional Business Experiences
• CYA Smart: A Movement Toward Better, Healthier Water
• Everything You Didn’t Realize You Wanted to Know about Algae
• Hayward: Supplemental Sanitizing with AOP Systems
• Independent Contractor or Employee: Classifying Your Workers
• Techniques for Prepping a Pool Shell for Plastering
• Pumps/Motors & DOE Compliancy
• Safety Cover Measuring
•Scale Your Company for Continued Growth: Proven Tactics That Work • So You Want to Be a Master Salesperson
• SPANISH – How (& Why) Standardizing Pool Chemistry Should Be a Top Priority in the Pool Service Business
• SPANISH – In-depth Pool Heating Overview
• Stains on Your Finishes & Solutions So You Get Paid
• Understanding Your Contract: How to Protect Your Company in a Changing Environment (PHTA University) Wednesday 8:30 to 11:45 a.m.
• Advanced Leak Detection for The Seasoned Professional
• Coaching Your Team Members
• Watershape University: CON 3685 New Plaster Remediation & Responsibility
• Metals & Metal Staining: How Do I Prevent Them? How Do I Remove Them? (ENCORE)
• Vinyl Liners for Inground Pools: From Measuring to Troubleshooting for a Perfect Fit
Wednesday 9 to 10:30 a.m.
• Electricity for the Pool & Spa Service Professional
• Introduction to HR Fundamentals
• SPANISH –Advanced Hydraulics for Builders/Service Techs
• Team Up for Success: How a Culture Can Cure Your Staff Needs Wednesday 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Advanced Water Chemistry: Keeping Your Pool Water Safe
• ANSI/PHTA/ICC-10: Reduce the Risk of Mold & Structural Design in Elevated Pools (PHTA University)
• Changes to NEC 680
• Comprehensive Swimming Pool Inspections with Leak Detection
• Don’t Believe Everything You Think
• Energy-Efficient Pool Heating: Solar, Heat Pumps & Hybrid Systems
• In-Depth Pool Heating Overview
• Job Costing for Profit Versus Existence (GENESIS B311)
• Pentair: Automated & Alternative Sanitization
• SPANISH – Pumps/Motors & DOE Compliancy
• Specialized Solutions for Smarter, More Efficient Pool Care
• Splash Pad Development & Design (PHTA University)
• The Power of Effective Communications
• The Upshift Manifesto – Thriving in the Post Pandemic Marketplace
• Trading in Today’s World & How it Affects Short Term & Long Term Planning
• Vinylology 101: The More You Know the More You Sell
• Water Balance from a Cause & Effect Perspective Wednesday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• In-ground Pool Vinyl Liners: Getting the Perfect Fit Every Time
• Video Tips & Tricks on How to Create Stellar Videos and Use for Every Stage of the Buyer’s Journey Wednesday 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• Advanced Pool Electrical Safety for Builders & Service Technicians
• ClearComfort AOP Systems: Are They for Me?
• Electronic (Spa) Control Packs: From Then to Now
• Employment & Best Practices to Avoid Lawsuits & Business Risk
• How (and Why) Standardizing Pool Chemistry Should be a Top Priority in a Pool Service Business
• How to Successfully Use TikTok, Instagram, and Pinterest to Grow Your Business
• Hydraulics for Pool Service Professionals (Intermediate)
• Maintaining the Water in Salt-Chlorine Generator Pools – The Case for Borates
• Managing Expectations: What Your Homeowner Needs to Know About Vinyl Liner Warranties
• Optimize Staff & Inventory in Your Service Department
• Pool Chlorine Mysteries: Where is All My Chlorine Going?
Brought to you by
• Saltwater Pool Troubleshooting: Beyond the Equipment
• SPANISH – Fluidra: Supplemental Sanitizing with AOP Systems Thursday 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
• Advanced Measuring Techniques for All Pools
• Interior Cementitious Finishes: Setting Realistic Expectations
• Proper Inground Spa Jet Design in a Variable Speed World
• Recognizing (and profiting from!) Residential Pool Fails
• SPANISH – Be Ready for Anything: the Proactive Way to Open Pools in the Spring
• System Level Hydraulic Design for Pools & Spas
• The 2023 “Everything Google” Playbook for Builders, Service Companies and Retailers • The Who, What, and Why Around Today’s Acquisition Surge
• What’s THAT on the Pool Surface Registered attendees are invited to Monday night’s Welcome Party, at the Saloon Bar, Bally’s Casino, from 7 to 10 p.m.
Grab your boots and get ready to enjoy live music, your favorite BBQ treats, and time with friends. This event will sell out! You must be 21 years of age with a valid I.D. to attend. Get your tickets early before they are gone. Tickets are $25 per person.
There is nowhere else in Atlantic City you can get 3 hours of food and entertainment at this price.
The show is sponsored by the Northeast Spa & Pool Association. For more information, visit www. thepoolspashow.com or contact NESPA at 609-689-9111.