Cleaner does not move
There may not be enough pressure. Cleaners need about 30 psi to operate or about 17 psi for low pressure cleaners.
• Make sure the booster pump and filter pump are both running.
• Check the inline strainer and clean as needed. Rocks or debris may have obstructed the cleaners wheels.
Cleaner is slow
• Check the hose to ensure pressure is not being lost somewhere. Check the inline strainer for debris and clean if needed.
• Worn tires may slow the cleaner.
Cleaner doesn’t cover the pool
• The hose may not be long enough.
• Ensure that the hose reaches the furthest point from the wall with an additional three feet.
• Check that the feed hose is floating; it may have become waterlogged.
• Adjust the thrust jet on the back where the water sprays out. The default setting is 11 o’clock but changing it to 1 o’clock will give it the opposite cleaning pattern.
Cleaner hose gets tangled
• Ensure the hose is not too long.
• Ensure the feed hose is floating.
• Make sure that the hose swivels rotate freely.
• Check that all the wheels are being powered. Too much pressure could be causing the cleaner to move too quickly, tangling the hoses.
Hayward’s Trivac 500 pressure side cleaner