This year, if you are recommending a robot, it’s very likely the Polaris Alpha IQ or IQ+. These cleaners are designed with internal intelligence that makes cleaning more customized than ever. Features include advanced programming and a convenient app for user control. With the Smart cycle mode, the cleaner can calculate the pool’s size, shape, and surface material to determine an optimal cleaning time to effectively clean the whole pool.
Both the Alpha IQ and IQ+ allow users to control the cleaner from their smartphones, but the IQ+ allows users to schedule recurring cleaning cycles and access seven different cleaning modes – even allowing users to spot-clean a specific area of the pool.
Other features include:
• An easy-lift removal system: the cleaner will meet you at the waterline and as you take it out, all water evacuates.
• Super easy to clean, and you don’t have to touch the debris.
• A tangle-reducing swivel to help prevent the cable from tangling.
Hayward’s Aquavac 650 is another popular choice — and a lot of pool service professionals say they have them on their own swimming pools. AquaVac 650 cleaners feature patented SpinTech
™ filterless technology with 18 hydrocyclones, maintaining maximum suction power. The six variable-speed-driven rollers with adaptive traction offer wall-towall cleaning on any pool surface, and the unique TouchFree
™ debris canister, with a quick release button, is designed for effortless cleanup. AquaVac 650 cleaners are a solution for pool owners who want the latest in innovation and smart technology.
Pentair’s Prowler 920 Robotic Pool Cleaner also gets a lot of mentions, offering a superior level of cleaning, scrubbing, and vacuuming all the way to the tile line. With two brushes, including one active brush that spins at two times the speed of the tracks, a single LED light, and the ability to customize the filtration level, just plug in the Prowler 920 and watch it go to work.
• All-surface deep cleaning with a powerful, high-speed scrubbing brush.
• Fast and easy debris removal with a top access filtration basket.
• Select from a large or fine debris filtration cartridges.
• Programmable daily cleaning schedules with a built-in weekly timer.