Posted on

Hot tub starts New York house fire

It took nearly four hours for firefighters to control a New York house fire caused by a hot tub.

The incident occurred on April 2 at around 3 a.m. when the Honeoye-Richmond Fire Department was called for a hot tub fire near a house.

The fire spread to the house and when firefighters arrived, they said that it had already ignited the back wall of the house and the roof of the two-story home. They immediately called for back-up.

Multiplke fire departments assisted in putting out the blaze, including Bristol, Cheshire, East Bloomfield, Ionia, Fishers, West Bloomfield, Victor, Mendon and Hemlock Fire Departments. Honeoye-RichmondAmbulancewasalsoatthescene. Tankers had to be brought in from neighboring fire departments due to the lack of municipal water.

Fire fighters said that cold temperatures and icy road conditions made the fire tougher to handle for crews.

Although the Richmond Emergency Management Director confirmed the origin of the fire was the hot tub, Investigators with the Honeoye-Richmond Fire Department and the Ontario County Sheriff’s Department are assisting the Ontario County Fire Coordinator to determine a cause.

Two people - an adult and a child were home at the time. Both were able to get out before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *