Schedule at a glance
Sunday January 23
Monday January 24
Certification; Seminars 8:30 – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, January 25
Certification; Seminars 8- 4:15 p.m. Exhibit Hall open from 10 – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 26
Certification; Seminars 8-4:15 p.m. Exhibit Hall 10 -5 p.m.
Thursday, January 27
Show Seminars 8-10 a.m. Exhibit Hall 10 – 2 p.m.
The Pool & Spa show will take place at the Atlantic City Convention Center from Monday, Jan. 25 through Thursday, Jan. 27. Powered by the Northeast Spa and Pool Association, it’s a success because it is made for pool and spa people by pool and spa people.
The Pool and Spa Show’s education conference has been reimagined to maximize the benefits of interactive classroom learning, providing your entire team with the opportunity to engage with industry peers and benefit from face-to-face interactions with industry experts teaching on the most in-demand topics.
In addition to general conference seminars, the Pool & Spa Show also offers pre-show educational opportunities such as NPC Start-Up Certification, PHTA CPO training, Genesis courses, Watershape University, and a variety of PHTA certification courses. Further specialty sessions covering a wide range of topics are available that take place throughout the conference.
The following are the show’s business and technical classes in the show’s regular educational package.
Monday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• Basic Water Chemistry & Testing – A Primer!
• Electricity for the Pool & Spa Service Professional Monday’s technical and business classes from 1:30 to 3 p.m. include:
• Be an “Undercover Boss” – Clues to Help Create a Team of Super Heroes!
• GENESIS E345 Examining PHTA Standards
• Promoting the Benefits of Solar Energy Pool Heating
• Proper In-Ground Spa Design in a Variable Speed World
• Selling, Measuring & Installing Safety Fencing
• SPANISH Basic Pool Chemistry for Service Techs
• Specialty Chemicals: The Key to Maximizing the Efficiency of Your Pool Care Program
• The Entrepreneurial Equation
• Understanding Basic Hydraulics & Circulation Systems Tuesday 8:30 to 11:45 a.m.
• 7 Crucial Marketing Secrets Every Pool Builder Should Know
• Basic Water Chemistry & Testing A Primer!
• Heater Sizing, Installing, and Troubleshooting
• The VGBA Standard for Drain Covers has Changed: An Interactive Workshop
• What’s Next – Discover New Opportunities, Uncover Your Problems, Create Options & Execute for Success!
Tuesday’s classes from 9 to 10:30 a.m. include:
• Advanced Water Chemistry – Maintaining a Healthy Spa
• Automatic Pool Covers: Designs & Options for Pools in the Northeast
• Basic Leak Detection
• Building Your Financial Plan in Today’s World
• Watershape University: CONS 3251 Pier and Beam Construction
• Fluidra VSPs & the DOE
• GENESIS D123 Trends in Outdoor Design
• Hayward Omni Automation Features, Benefits, and Sizing
• How to Do More Service with Reduced Staff
• I’ll Just Get It Online: Strategies to Keep Your Customers on Your Doorstep!
• Realistic Expectations of Interior Cementitious Finishes
• SPANISH Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed/Flow Pumps and DOE Regulations
• Why pH Naturally Rises in Pools, and What You Can Do About It Tuesday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• Electricity for the Pool & Spa Service Professional (ENCORE)
• Metals & Metal Staining: How Do I Prevent Them? How Do I Remove Them?
• The Hiring Process: Finding the Right Employee Fit for Your Business Tuesday 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• A Side-by-Side Comparison: Trichlor, Cal Hypo and Bleach
• Borates: Buffering & Beyond
• Watershape University: CONS 3281 Building Watershapes for Moveable Floors
• Disrupting or Promoting: Does This Affect How You Approach Business?
• Hayward DOE Solutions: VS & XE Ultra-High Efficiency Pumps
• Measuring for Safety Covers
• PHTA | Examining Elevated Pools
• PHTA | What’s in Your Contract? A Legal Checkup
• Proper Techniques for Prepping a Pool Shell for Plastering
• SPANISH Fluidra VSPs & the DOE
• Specialty Chemicals: The Key to Maximizing the Efficiency of Your Pool Care Program (ENCORE) Stealing Your Business: Cyber Criminals & Employment Practices Liability Insurance
• Using AUTOMATION to SELL More and SATISFY More WITHOUT More Manpower Wednesday 8:30 to 11:45 a.m.
• Advanced Leak Detection for The Seasoned Professional
• Coaching Your Team Members to Success
• Watershape University: CON 3685 New Plaster Remediation & Responsibility
• Metals & Metal Staining: How Do I Prevent Them? How Do I Remove Them? (ENCORE)
• Vinyl Liners for Inground Pools: From Measuring to Troubleshooting for a Perfect Fit Wednesday 9 to 10:30 a.m.
• An In-depth Look at Spa Care: Avoiding Problems in Spa Water Chemistry
• Bonding & Grounding
• Combatting Algae & Other Issues During a Chlorine Shortage
• Defining Digital Marketing & Developing a Strategy for the Pool & Spa Industry
• GENESIS E345 Examining PHTA Standards (ENCORE)
• How to Take Engaging Photos and Videos
• Pentair IntelliCenter Pool & Spa Control Systems
• Pool Chlorine Mysteries: Chlorine’s Annoying Disappearing Act (and How to Improve It’s Behavior)
• Rules of Engagement: A Guide to Better Communication -And Better Relationships! – With Everyone Who Is Important to Your Business
• SPANISH Fluidra Web Connected Controllers Troubleshooting & Commands
• SPANISH Understanding Basic Hydraulic Systems
• What’s “THAT” on the Pool Surface
• Why They Buy and Why You Should Care
• Work Smarter Not Harder – Using Software & Other Tools to Optimize Your Business Wednesday 1 to 4:15 p.m.
• Effectively Managing Employees: Addressing Negative Attitudes & Attendance Issues in the Workplace
• The VGBA Standard for Drain Covers has Changed: An Interactive Workshop (ENCORE) Wednesday 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• Adding Leak Detection to Your Services
• Advanced Water Chemistry Maintaining a Healthy Spa (ENCORE)
• Fluidra Web Connected Controllers: Troubleshooting & Siri & Alexa Commands
• How to Identify (and Prevent) Calcium Issues
• How to Produce Videos for Websites, Social Media, Drip Marketing & Beyond!
• Pentair Intelliflo & the DOE Regulations
• PHTA | How Existing Federal Pool Pump Regulations Impact Your Business & Boost
• PHTA Running a Safe & Compliant Workplace
• Pool Inspections – Why, How & When?
• Pool Water Problems That Seem to Defy Conventional Wisdom (and How to Fix and Prevent Them)
• Servicing Spa & Hot Tub Basics: What to Know Before You
• Transforming into a Satisfaction Driven Company
• Understanding Basic Hydraulics & Circulation Systems (ENCORE)
• You Can Hire a Manager, but You Can’t Hire an Owner Thursday 8 to 10 a.m.
• Above Ground Pool Liners: Measuring, Quoting & Installation Tips
• An In-depth Look at Spa Care: Avoiding Problems in Spa Water Chemistry (ENCORE)
• Basic Leak Detection (ENCORE)
• Bonding & Grounding (ENCORE)
• Closing the Sale: A Fresh Look
• Combatting Algae & Other Issues During a Chlorine Shortage (ENCORE)
• PHTA | RWQC: Let’s Clear the Air – Air Quality for Indoor Swimming
• Pool Inspections – Why, How & When? (ENCORE)
• Salt Chlorine Generators for Beginners (ENCORE
• SPANISH Pentair EasyTouch IntelliCenter Systems
• TurnYour Team intoAChampionship Team: Hiring, Training, Management, Motivation and Retention Registered attendees are invited to Monday night’s Welcome Party, at the Saloon Bar, Bally’s Casino, from 7 to 10 p.m. This event brings everyone together to grab some tasty treats, listen to live music, all while hanging out (inperson!) with friends. Don’t miss out on this year’s celebration!
Grab your tickets early and save! Tickets are just $25 per person. There is nowhere else in Atlantic City you can get three hours of food and entertainment at this price!
The show is sponsored by the Northeast Spa & Pool Association. For more information, visit the show online at www.thepoolspashow.com or contact NESPA at 609-689-9111.